TVS Jupiter User Reviews

Bike Review Contest

Rate & write a detailed review to win Amazon vouchers worth ₹ 1,000

Reviews on Jupiter

•  2Tvs show room aruna giri is cheater 1 year ago by

Tvs scooter is good but some show room’s person is cheater. At the time of buy the promise good offer but after bought the don’t given any facility.

I bought my tvs scooter from aruna giri motors, rupena agrahara,bangalore. I negotiated my scooter on rs.- 64,000 Inclusive all. After bought they kept all peper and demanding rs 500/-. They promise to give 5 year engine warranty. After bought they denied this offer also. Marketing guy sunil is there, they told to give any offer comes by company after 6 month, i will call you and give the same offer latter. They don’t call me. Some how i know one offer come in dussehra. Now the deny that its for new customer only. They totally cheater. So plz don’t go with aruna giri moters.

Pros

scooter is good

cons

tvs show room aruna giri is cheater

• 2

•  5Value for money scooter 3 years ago by
    Awesome scooter i purchased it on 1st may 2014. I was impressed by the design, look, comfort and mileage of the scooter.. It's a scooter and differs from bike. I was unsure about the milage claimed by tvs 62km/ltr. When i decided to check fuel economy of the scooter i did following exercise. I made the fuel tank totlly empty by driving it till last drop of petrol. When it stop at 102 kilometre due to empty tank. I filled 4.5Ltr petrol which i had carried seperately in can. I started driving, ( for safety precaution i kept half litre of fuel in a bottle separately) after driving the vehicle between 20 to 40 km/ph at economy mode ( green indicatot in meter ) in about 10 to 12 day my schooter stopped at 354.8Km. As the fuel tank got empty. So in 4.5 Litre petrol i got the mileage of 252.8 Kilometre (354.8Km - 102km) so my scooter gave me a milage of "56.17Km/ltr" hope that i get improve mileage after for servicing and it may touch 60 kilometre per litre. I would like to add that this test was carried at 50% village roads n 50% highway... Damn happy with shooter... The only problem with a scooter is bit less comfortable for a tall person like me of 5"11...So cant get the comfort like my pulsar...But after all its a schooter.. Top features.... 1. Huge storage space.... I can keep my full size helmet in the dicky. 2. Two luggage hooks.. 3. Great suspenshion..Thanks to its 12 inches wheels n gas charged suspenshion 4. Tube less tyres 5. External fuel filling 6. Catchy look 7. Economy & low fuel indicators in the metres 8. Hand brake and many more improvement needed... 1. Digital meter 2. Side stand indicator 3. Fuel reserve option 4. Disc brake you can contact me at....... Gawadepatil@gmail.Com tvs jupiter .... Mh 14 - ek 501.

Pros

huge storage space, two luggage hooks, economy, tubeless tyres, 12"alloy wheels

cons

digital meter, disc brake

• 4

•  2Mayank rai 2 years ago by

Hi i am mayank, i bought jupiter in the month of feb'14 from bhopal. I read lot s n lots of reviews and compared them with activa but i think most of the reviews were paid or fake.

Immediately after buying i faced following issue:

1. Back body was bumping whenever i

Immediately after buying i faced following issue:

1. Back body was bumping whenever i cross a speed breaker

2. There was a irritating tick tick sound coming from the front.

I went to the service station but it was not resolved some of mechanics said that this is a manufacture defect faced by many buyers.

When i complained on website of tvs motors then they resolved the issue but were not ready to agree that it was company defect.

Even after the repair tick tick sound was there to entertain me during my drive. (It increases and decreases)

after few days my jupiter was not getting started and i found few petrol drops on engine and floor, i again called tvs guys and when they came it was found the petrol pipe was not clamped properly and was not at its place.

Remember i am hearing tick tick sound till now from front tyre.

I got transferred and moved to hyderabad……today, again my jupiter broke down…. I can see petrol drops over engine and it’s not getting started.

This is frustrating that within 2000km of run i have faced so many problems.

Please consult a user who has at least used this scooter for 1000km, because when you face such issues it not only creates mental tension but also ruins your day.

Be a smart buyer…

pros

nothing

cons

- problem in back shock up, ticking sound from from, fuel pipe creates problem

• 2

•  5Marvelous scooter 3 years ago by

Style: though it looks like a scooter made for male, its good for females too. A female of 5" height can comfortly drive and handle the bike easily.

Engine performance, fuel economy and gearbox : performance is very good with smooth engine. It gave me 57km/ltr with both highway and city driving. I am sure, i would get 55 km/ltr in bangalore city traffic conditions.

Ride quality & handling: it looks heavy. But, once its on move, it becomes cycle like and handling is very easy and free. Ride quality is superb.

Final words: its the best value for hard earned money and is the best scooter in india, as on date, in terms of style, performance, comfort, features and mileage.

Areas of improvement: the company should provide the original/o.E. Mobile charger fixed in/under the seat. This is to ensure proper fitment and not to damage electrical installation/wiring by a local/untrained man work.

Pros

good style, comfort, features, mileage and value for money

cons

non.

• 5

•  3Waste of money and pathetic service 2 years ago by
    I just wondering how this vehicle awarded for the best scooter of the year. I would like to share my experience with my brand new tvs jupiter, last month i took my vehicle delivery from cochin tvs, vyttila, kerala show room. Within two days i noticed engine valve tappet noise and petrol leakage from one of the outlet tube. I had informed to cochin tvs service center and they taken my vehicle for service. After three days they returned saying issue has been resolved. On the way back from service station only i realized the issue was not resolved and engine noise is in much higher level than before and petrol overflow.
    I had reported with service team and given my vehicle back for service again. And after three days i got vehicle back from service center yesterday. I had a doubt that they not rectified this issue, because the outlet pipe was hidden inside the engine that the petrol leakage cant be visible. And petrol was leaking overnight.
    Its quite simple to think how pathetic tvs service is. If they are not capable enough to resolve the issue, just hide it.

Pros

style

cons

service

• 3

•  3Problem with jupiter 3 years ago by

engine is good, fuel economy is good, gearbox is nice

ride quality & handling

both are nice

final words

i bought the jupiter on 5th nov 13. The pick is good, the looks are nice, the suspensions are good. There is just one problem that i am facing; it being a new scooter there is oil leaking from the place where gear box is located (behind the kick). Dont know if its the engine oil or the gear oil. I went to the authorised dealer, they said its a small problem and changed the oil seals however the problem of oil leakage still persists. Have to give them the scooter again tomorrow.

Areas of improvement

pros

style, suspension, features

cons

oil leakage

• 3

•  1My painful journey with jupiter 1 year ago by

I purchased tvs jupiter in feb'14:

1. Rear shock-ups were not working well and back portion of scooter was bumping in on speed breakers. (Problem resolved after reporting).

2. Ticking sound coming from front wheel.

3. After few days, it was not getting started and

I purchased tvs jupiter in feb'14:

2. Ticking sound coming from front wheel.

3. After few days, it was not getting started and on reporting the issue, people from service station came and found its fuel pipe was not clamped and got displaced. (Resolved)

4. After few months there was petrol all over the engine and scooter was not getting started

5. Again faced issue of fuel pipe, after driving 4-6 kilometers fuel pipe gets displaced and petrol starts leaking.

I bought this scooter after lot of internet analysis but unfortunately, fake reviews make you purchase wrong vehicle.

Everybody asked me to go for activa as it was a tested vehicle. Now struggling with this poor quality.

No option except to be at the mercy of tvs customer care and become a frequent visitor of tvs service center.

Pros

nothing

cons

a lot

• 1

•  1Tvs jupiter 2 years ago by

I purchased jupiter in sept 2014. It was kind of nightmare for me. I started registering complaint with company about the product being faulty with in 3 days of purchase.

It used to make noise tik tik as soon as engine is heated up. While driving on fly over - the engine used to get dead and some time i was fearing if it will go on the top of fly over or not.

Brakes has some unique issue. As soon as i pull the levers, there was no momemtum in scooter.

I cud smell fuel if i pass by the tank. I mean a lot of issues with jupiter than pleasure of riding. I have given up and got rid of this problem named jupiter.

Pros

if performance is gud, it can be best value for money

cons

a lot of issues

• 1

•  4Best value for money 2 years ago by

Style i have bought grey colur matte finish scooter and it is stylish.

Engine performance, fuel economy and gearbox engine performance is good , better than activa in fuel efficiency.

Ride quality & handling ride quality is superb, handling is very good.

Style i have bought grey colur matte finish scooter and it is stylish.

Ride quality & handling ride quality is superb, handling is very good. Comfortable to ride even for longer durations.

Final words overall it is the best scooter at the price and better than its competeiters.

Areas of improvement if disc brakes are present then it would be a added advantage for it and also if delivery time of the grey colour variant is almost 30-40 days, if the wait time can be reduced then it will be good. I have waited 40 days just for the grey colour vehicle and i got it and it is superb.

Pros

good handling and smooth riding

cons

disc brakes are not offered. If disc brake variant is present then it will be an added advantage

• 4

• Style very good.

Engine performance, fuel economy and gearbox excellent.

Ride quality & handling very good.

Final words best ampong all other scooter.

Style very good.

Engine performance, fuel economy and gearbox excellent.

Ride quality & handling very good.

Final words best ampong all other scooter.

Areas of improvement i felt bit stress on bike while drive on a up road while 2 people is sitting. Other wise is a very good scooter. I am happy with my jupiter, no proble till now(3 months). Recommand to buy.

Pros

good pick up ,smooth, style, mileage

cons

bit stress while ride on a up road with 2 people

• 5

Inappropriate review? Report Abuse

Why do you want to report it abuse?

Rate your bike

Share your experience about this bike

Expert Reviews on Jupiter

TVS Jupiter MillionR vs Honda Aviator: Comparison Review
TVS Jupiter MillionR vs Honda Aviator: Comparison Review
08 September 2016
Ranjan R. Bhat

Scooters have grown from becoming simple point A to point B modes of transport to instruments of convenience With a rapid evolution in the definition of lsquo convenience rsquo today rsquo s educated customer expects his scooter to do a lot more than just be easy to use...

TVS Jupiter MillionR Edition First Ride Review
TVS Jupiter MillionR Edition First Ride Review
31 August 2016
Ranjan R. Bhat

A celebration and a smart marketing strategy In a short span of just three years TVS has put more one million Jupiter scooters on Indian roads As a commemoration of this feat the company rolled out this special edition variant aptly christened Jupiter MillionR What does the...

Hero Maestro Edge vs Honda Activa 3G vs TVS Jupiter: Comparison Test
Hero Maestro Edge vs Honda Activa 3G vs TVS Jupiter: Comparison Test
17 March 2016
Vikrant Singh

Hero MotoCorp has done a great job with the Maestro Edge We said that in our first ride report And honestly it is a scooter we would happily recommend to many But since we first rode it there rsquo s one question we wanted an answer to Is the Hero Maestro Edge the best...

Why do you want to report it abuse?

Please tell us your city

This allows us to provide relevant content for you.

Please enter your city