We've ridden the newest members of the UM range, and the Mojave is the Renegade for those who fancy a ride through the desert. Here are five things that we learned about the Mojave during our ride.
1. The Mojave desert is the driest, most arid place in the North American continent. The Joshua trees you see on the logo are native only to the borders of the Mojave, and are considered an indicator species.
2. The UM Mojave handles really well. In fact, its willingness to change direction might surprise those of us more used to traditional cruisers like Royal Enfields.
3. The fueling needs work. Although the power and torque are there, the fuel injection needs to be a little smoother at low engine revs.
4. Quality needs to improve further. The current crop of UM products has had massive improvement over pre-production prototypes, and they're certainly on par with the competition. However, as a new brand and entrant they need to leave no doubt in the mind of the prospective buyer, and therefore the quality needs to be even better.
5. It can cruise comfortably at 100kmph. That six speed gearbox and the 25bhp means that the four-valve, liquid cooled engine is completely at ease cruising at 100kmph.
For the entire review of the UM Renegade Mojave, click here.