- 2022 BMW S 1000 XR available in three colours
- New model also gets billet pack with elimination of left engine protector
- No changes to mechanical specifications or features
BMW Motorrad has unveiled the 2022 iteration of its litre-class sports/adventure-tourer motorcycle, the S 1000 XR. The changes include the addition of new colour options. The new paint options on the 2022 model include:
- Racing Red
- Style Triple Black with Black storm metallic
- Light White/M Motorsport
The Style Triple Black and Light White carry a price premium over the Racing Red colour. The Light White paint option, however, is only available with the M Package. Meanwhile, the company has removed the following colours from the list:
- Ice Grey
- Racing Red/White Aluminium Metallic Matte
- Light White/Racing Blue Metallic/Racing Red
The changes to the 2022 BMW S 1000 XR are limited to cosmetic upgrades. The feature list and the mechanical specifications, on the other hand, remain identical to the 2021 version. Thus, the motorcycle continues to use the S 1000 RR-sourced 999cc, inline four-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine that makes 162bhp of power at 11,000rpm and 114Nm of peak torque at 9,250rpm. The feature list retains a tall windscreen, LED lighting, and a Bluetooth-enabled instrument cluster.
The new paint options should be available in the Indian market, although their launch timeline is not available yet.