- Appoints Ravi Avalur as Business Unit Head
- Commenced wholesale dispatches to the dealers from January 18
- Plans to expand dealer network further
Hero MotoCorp has announced a separate vertical to drive its new business of Harley-Davidson products and merchandise distribution in India. The company has appointed Ravi Avalur as the Business Unit Head of the new vertical.
Avalur, who will report to Dr. Pawan Munjal, Chairman & CEO, Hero MotoCorp, was the Head of Strategy and International Business at engines and engine components manufacturer, Cooper. He was also the Managing Director at Ducati India. The team in the new business unit includes four executives from Harley-Davidson’s erstwhile India operations.
Apart from announcing the separate vertical, the Company has also commenced wholesale dispatches of Harley-Davidson products to the dealers from January 18. Hero MotoCorp has appointed 11 existing Harley-Davidson dealers in key geographies across the country. The list of dealerships is below:
- Bengal Speed Automobiles Pvt Ltd (Bengal Harley-Davidson): Kolkata
- Bafna Motorcycles Pvt Ltd (Seven Islands Harley-Davidson): Mumbai
- Concept Motorbike Company Pvt Ltd (Nine Bridges Harley-Davidson): Ahmedabad
- Moksha Motorbike Company Pvt Ltd (Two Rivers Harley-Davidson): Pune
- Tusker Motorcycles Pvt Ltd (Tusker Harley-Davidson): Bengaluru (Lavelle Road)
- East Coast Motors (Marina Harley-Davidson): Chennai
- Excelsior Motors Pvt Ltd (Spice Coast Harley-Davidson): Kochi
- Jyote Automotives Pvt Ltd (Konark Harley-Davidson): Bhubaneshwar
- Sterling Motorbikes Pvt Ltd (Capital Harley-Davidson): Delhi (Mathura Road)
- Uttam Sons Pvt Ltd (Foothills Harley-Davidson): Dehradun
- Srijayalakshmi Automobiles Pvt Ltd (Banjara Harley-Davidson): Hyderabad
Hero MotoCorp will also expand the service, parts, and accessories business beyond the 11 cities currently covered by the newly appointed dealers. Details of the new model for the Indian market will be shared closer to launch dates.