Please wait

You’re being redirected to suzukimotorcycle.co.in

AD

Royal Enfield Classic 350 Touring Accessories Long Term Review: Introduction

05 October 2022, 07:15 PM Anuj Mishra

Introduction

Royal Enfield Classic 350 Left Side View

It was saddening for me to part ways from my long-termer, the Royal Enfield Classic 350, back in June. Those who had been following my long-term reports would know how fond I am of the Classic. I even wrote a comprehensive separation note before returning it, which was nothing short of a eulogy. You can read that report here

Fast forward to September and Royal Enfield has given us the Classic 350 back, and how! They equipped the motorcycle with touring accessories to make it a more comfortable mile muncher. So, let’s see what these accessories are.

Windscreen

• Kerb Weight195 kg
  • ;

Avg. Ex-showroom price

₹ 1,90,229

The idea of a windscreen on the Classic 350 might come across as a mere styling element. However, the new-generation version does 110-115kmph of speeds, sans annoying levels of vibrations, which urges you to ride it at those speeds for a long duration on the highway. And that’s where the wind blast plays a bit of a spoilsport and you feel the need for proper wind protection. Well, how effective it is in the real world is something we’ll find out soon. Not to forget, it adds some more visual mass to the motorcycle which a few might appreciate. I, though, liked the older cleaner front section.

Touring Seats

In April this year, I mustered all my convincing skills to ready the missus to ride pillion with me from Goa to Mumbai. And the 650km ride uncovered a lot of things about the two-up touring capabilities of the bike. Read the detailed report here before heading out on a similar expedition on the Classic 350

Royal Enfield Classic 350 Bike Seat

While plenty of traits of the bike impressed us on that ride, what turned out to be a major gripe was the inability of the seats to keep us pampered and comfy all day long. After nearly three hours of continuous riding, our backsides started getting soar and it just became more agonising. The lack of cushioning of the stock seats was to blame.

Royal Enfield Classic 350 Bike Seat

The touring seats, meanwhile, not only incorporate denser foam but the design is also different. Unlike the spherical shape of the stock seats, the touring ones have a flatter top with a ribbed surface. Also, the rear end of the rider seat has a crest to provide added support to the backside. Then, these seats are substantially more pleasing visually.

What’s next?

Royal Enfield Classic 350 Right Side View

Yes, you guessed it right. I will go touring on our accessorised Classic 350 to find out how well the add-ons do their job, besides altering the look of the motorcycle.

Accessory prices