I have been biking since 1991 and let me tell that this is the best bike i have used so far. It has style, power, reliability, decent fuel economy and comfort. Honda shine is a silent tiger on road although with some serious shortcomings. I have briefly listed the pros and cons for my honda shine bought in march 2010:
- - it has good pick up and maneuverability for navigating through dense and unruly indian traffic. Also you never feel the load of a pillion rider.
- - It is designed for a very comfortable posture. Combined with robust shock ups, it ensures you have no back ache or fatigue for about 100 km ride.
- - Refined engine with a pleasant sound.
- - High reliability and durability - i have run it for over 30000 kms now and it still gives a brand new feel.
- - Low maintenance – servicing at every 3000 km and oil change at every 2000 km will make sure you make no extra expenses on maintenance.
- - A consistent mileage of about 45kmpl which is decent for this kind of power and pick up.
- - missing fifth gear – for its power and pick up, the bike should have had a fifth gear to ensure smoothness on highway. It produces high vibration and sound on high speeds.
- - Chain dislocation – the chain surprisingly gets off frequently due to dryness and loosening. Make sure you keep oiling and tightening the chain every 2 weeks.
- - Common spare parts like chain cover, handle covers, front hood, indicators etc. Are not available at service centers especially when your model is over 2 years old. Honda keeps making minor changes in accessories every year and it ignores the old customers. Its like they expect us to buy a new bike every year.
- - Honda has the most unresponsive customer support system. They never respond to e mails.
- - The service centers are understaffed and underequipped. It takes a long waiting to get your bike serviced.
so if you are ok with a callous service and support from the manufacture, if you can deal with minor technology/design issues and are not high on mileage, honda shine is your best treat on road. It will give you a riding pleasure that no other bike can give.
power, comfort, handling, reliability
chain, gear, service
Value for Money