Suzuki GS150R user reviews

Overall rating:4.1 / 59 ratings

Irresponsible unprofessional and rude...

3 years ago by6,044 views

Subject :irresponsible ,unprofessional and rude managment of suzuki motorcycle india

greetings to all the leaders , intellectuals and my dear friends.I may be a bit late but felt that the time has come to share my experience with the suzuki motorcycle india .I have bought suzuki motorcycle (gs150 r) some 8 months back at saboo motors (dealer) situated at rp road secundrabad ,hyderabad.You hardly find this model gs150 r on the roads but the reason i opted for suzuki was i had very good experience driving suzuki samurai during my college days in late 2000's .On the delivery day of the vehicle even before i bought it outside the showroom i have found that the engine got heated with in 2 min of the start. The same thing was reported to the staff giving the delivery and they said as the parts are new i am feeling the heat and it would get resolved once i cross 1000 kms ( or may be after my first service). I have taken the delivery and brought it out of the showroom. On the way to my home which is hardly 8 - 9 kms away from showroom the bike stopped twice . As it was on saturday evening i reported them and they asked me to get the vehicle the following week. As suggested by showroom guys as per my convenient have taken and they said its a airlock problem and its not because of engine getting overheat. My bike engine gets heated very fast with in 2 kms and stops after getting over heated and i had to wait for almost 2 hrs for the engine to get normal ,then it will start again.From then i had called them almost 3 - 4 times till my first service (1 month) regarding heating problem but no solution was given. Every time i had taken the bike to workshop they just changed the oil level and gave me back. They never took this on the job card too , just told me that no job card is needed , they did not try to mention in their records that i had visited them, but all that i was not able to guess that it was a trick played by them. The first service was done , i had the heating complaint written on the job card and the issue was not resolved.After my first service i had planned for a drive along with my friends to a temple which is 80 kms away from hyderabad. After crossing almost 25 - 30 kms my bike stopped as it got over heated (riding speed 50 -55 kms/hr ) and in the process my feet which was at the break pedal got in contact with the engine and i had a heat boil /blister . It was an embracing situation in front of my friends and i have asked them to go ahead with the trip.I then called the saboo suzuki workshop manager mr.Shyam. He has asked me to bring the bike to the showroom.After waiting for almost 90 min the vehicle cooled and it started and i bought the bike to the workshop. They checked the oil levels and rpm , i was not at all happy ,i raised my voice with the manager and he had taken me along with the bike to the direct suzuki manager mr.Pradeep who was on inspection / training program to hyderabad. Mr .Pradeep humiliated me by making silly jokes and comments ,asking me to place my feet in other directions and all other stupid stuff. Mr.Shyam was also present and felling bad i returned back home .From them i have been visiting the workshop for the same problem and all of a sudden a new problem a raised , cranky noise from front disk and i had to visti the workshop for again 2 more times. It was a physical stress on me that i had to take the bike to the workshop and wait there for 4 - 5 hrs with no resolution in place. My parents call me every time when i take the bike outside just to enquire if had reached safely .Its a mental stress again.On 25th jan 2014 , i was on a trip to a pilgrimage with my friends ,started off at around 5 am and after 30 -32 kms my engine gave a tractor like noise and stopped with fumes coming out . Me along with friend on the back-seat got scared and left the vehicle and ran away. I waited till 9 am and called the suzuki workshop and they collected my vehicle and the same day i logged a case with suzuki on its website. The work shop team replaced around 12 clutch related parts (issue not resolved even after replacement ) and said suzuki technicians would inspect my vehicle but no response until i sent them a legal notice which was received by them on 7th feb.On 11th feb 2014 mr .Gautam from suzuki inspected my vehical along with mr shyam and said issue is resolved ,but in actual issue still persisted. When asked they said its common a simple answer as always .I did a test ride for 5 kms early in the morning around 5:30 am and found the same heat .One can feel the heat and its very uncomfortable to ride. I have logged a case as a top up of my previous complaint but no response.It has been 1 month that i sent a legal notice to both the suzuki and the dealer but none from the management has replied , hence filing a case at the district consumer court this week.Leadership management of suzuki motorcycle india had failed to create an impact neither on the indian motor market nor on the customer satisfaction.Suzuki keep in mind that leadership does not mean striking pose with celebrity brand ambassadors and launching new vehicles but you should also lookt at something called as customer satisfaction.Thanks to my legal team and my media friends who had came forward to help me when the court hearing starts.One cannot trust on this company and company products.I am also planing to contact suzuki japan @ 300, takatsuka-cho, minami-ku ,hamamatsu-shi, szk 432-8611japan .What is in it for me???????????? suzuki motorcycle india ?????? i am loser.... Is this what you call as customer service??????giving your company an opportunity to settle this issue :need to discuss call me on pavan kalyan +91- 9701913914 / pavanfriend4all@gmail.Com

pros

looks

cons

irresponsible ,unprofessional and rude managment

• 3

More reviews on GS150R

•  4Better relaunch gs150r 2 months ago by Shashikumar
    It was fantastic and comfort bike i loved it. Long ride experience is superb, it was an giant , still i look forward for gs 150r .Good milage with smoothy engine 6 gears to reach top speed. Over all i had superb experience the engine strength was awesome i never even faced a single problem in this giant suzuki gs150r.

Reliability

> 1 yr

• Ridden for

> 15000 kms

•  5Great bike for commuter  2 months ago by Udayan
    I have brought this bike from a good user without any smoke from the engine the bike is smooth and good in performance wise this much better than the unicorn i had for 5 years. I can reach up to maximum speed of 118kms and mileage of 58-63 in all condition. I start using this bike at 55,000kms and now it is 63,000kms i feel real worth for the money i brought for. Also i am eagerly expecting the suzuki would relaunch this bike again in local market to get new version of the same with any add on advantage from suzuki using advance technology.

Reliability

6 months-1 yr

• Ridden for

5000-10000 kms

•  5Suzuki gs150r 9 months ago by Manas

Style -is verry good its like a monster in front of other bikes.

Engine performance, fuel economy and gearbox-engine is very powerful like bullet,fuel economy is good in my bike it is 60 and gearbox why ur giving 6 gears......Others are getting jealous.

Ride

Style -is verry good its like a monster in front of other bikes.

Ride quality & handling-very good.

Final words-i like this product and please dont make this product again but avail the parts for this product please.

Areas of improvement-imporve the engine like 180 cc.

Pros

millage and quality

cons

required parts are not available when product is there

• 4

•  3Nice product from suzuki 1 year ago by Akhilesh

Style gs 150r is a regular looking bike with the name of suzuki. The bike is not good in appealing but build quality is up to mark. Bike is stable in touring purpose and excellent product for long ride of above 500 kms. Many of them not like this gs 150r for city riding purpose which is true and there were some technical drawbacks in gross weight and handling of bike

engine performance, fuel economy and gearbox engine for covering long distances is good here. Required amount of power is easily avaliable from final drive and delivers a long lasting smooth driving experience. The fuel economy is also fair here and we get a mileage of 45 kmpl in tour purpose and in city it drastically falls to 34 kmpl. Gearbox is sleek and fine here and smooth power ratio between gears selection.

Ride quality & handling riding a gs150r is awesome here there were no issues here. Handling of weighted bike for some peoples is a hard task. If we tour in a highway it is the best machine on indian roads.

Final words reworked in service centres persons, makesa a bike excellent.

Areas of improvement na.

Pros

6th gear, comfortable ride, nice ergonomics and decent mileage

cons

heavy in weight, engine noise and service center dealing

• 2

•  2Not good Avoid buying 2 years ago by Mahesh

I bought my bike around 5 years back. It has always given some problem or the other perpetually. The engine makes abnormal noise at neutral and rpm keeps increasing. The pick up is poor. The engine oil keeps leaking into combustion chamber, thus the oil level keeps decreasing and gives a thick smoke at exhaust and empties every 500 kms. Many times while driving at 75-80, there would be sudden choking and loss of power, which is so dangerous while overtaking. Due to this defect, i had many close shaves and on one occassion i almost was killed and was saved only because the other person braked. Overall very disapponted with ownership. None of the servicing centre guys have satisfactorily repaired all the defects till date or given a satisfactory/ convincing answer.

Moreover, the kunde suzuki in nadgaon, goa is pathetic.

I had given my bike gs150r for resolving a defect to kunde authorised service centre, nuvem, goa on morning of 4th april 15.

The servicing guy did not hand over any slip while accepting the bike. I found this strange as in delhi and haryana they tear off the bottom portion of the job card and give it to you while accepting the bike.

Anyway the servicing guy accepted the bike but refused to give his name and gave his mobile number 7774013390. He said he will call back and let me know the exact problem and estimate. I again found it funny as to why he was hesitant and refused to state his name. Maybe he shirks responsibility and is afraid / not confident of his job and seeking to escape accountability.

He did not call on saturday. When i called him in the evening, he said he will call on monday. I again found this strange as in delhi or harayana they would have called within 2 hours irrespective of load.

He did not call on monday. When i called him on on monday, he said he will call on tuesday.

When i called on tuesday afternoon, he said he will call by evening but did not call.

Thereafter his phone was continuously switched off on wed and thu.

Disgusted, i got the alternate phone number from web site and got in touch with the servicing guys on friday. They said they have not even looked at my bike till now.

So i asked the operator to transfer the call to manager and they connected me to sanjay, the so called general manager. Instead of intervening in the matter and seeing to it that my bike is attended to, he was least concerned and cut the phone. When i again called up the showroom, he again refused to speak and conveyed the message through the operator asking me to meet him in his office, in spite of me telling the operator that i am 40 kms away. Thereafter, when i asked the operator to ask him whether he wants to speak to me or return my bike, the operator conveyed that he has asked me to take my bike back.

So i have collected collected my bike back from that showroom on saturday.

This is the kind of service that is being rendered in the ‘authorised’ servicing centre and this is the way the ‘general manager’ sanjay is running the showroom and behaving with his clients.

Pros

looks

cons

abnormal engine vibration. Engine oil leaking in combustion chamber

• 4

•  5Best bike in sports segment 2 years ago by Ajit Gaikwad

elegent styling

gears are smooth, poerful performance,

great confert, you dont feel tired evern if you ride a miles

final words

i have own it it almost 5 years no much problem with bike giving me the same performance as it gave me when i bought. Definetly a better option rather than pulsar and honda bikes.

Areas of improvement

prduct is best but due to lack of marketing & pramotions its getting least rechable to the customer , strong marketing will definetly boost the sales for suzuki in india.

Pros

comfort, style, handling

cons

lacking in the powerful head lamp

• 4

•  5Excellent choice for indian roads 3 years ago by Amey Arvind Mahulikar

good headlight design fuel tank grafics simple and effective

good headlight design fuel tank grafics simple and effective

engine performance, fuel economy and gearbox

engin performance is good, nice pickup but not up to very high, fuel economy- 55 in city, 58 on highway 6th gear profit on highway & city on milege point of view

ride quality & handling

superb comfort, good for smooth riding, chain socket is littil noisy

final words

ideal for city and long rides exelent performance.

Areas of improvement

pros

height, comfort, performance, mileage

Inappropriate review? Report Abuse

Why do you want to report it abuse?

Discontinued

Suzuki GS150R

4.1 (9 ratings) 8 reviews

Last known Ex-showroom price

70,851
View model details

Rate your bike

Share your experience about this bike

Why do you want to report it abuse?

Please tell us your city

This allows us to provide relevant content for you.

Please enter your city