Review on my one week old Honda Dream Neo

• Performance4 / 5
  • Value for Money5 / 5

Good about this bike

Mileage, Comfort, Pickup and Style

Not so good about this bike

No side cover lock, No disk brake

Full Review

Style

Classic style with modern apperance, almost derived from old Hero Honda splendor product line. Best choice for those who are not looking for modern sports bike like apperance, and for those who don't want to spend extra money just for style.

Engine Performance, Fuel Economy and Gearbox

Very Good pickup in below 110cc segment, Pulling power is smoothly distributed over four gear range so less gear shits are required in city traffic. Gear shifting is smooth and easy without any unwanted noises or slippings. I've done total 170km, mostly in highways within 40km-50km speed range, which gives me 71km/Ltr mileage.

Ride Quality & Handling

Good seating position, stability, easy handling and control.

Final Words

My review/comparison is strictly limited to below 110cc bikes because this one is 109cc.

I've been using Hero Honda Splendor since 1995 without any serious issues till date.

When I decided to buy a new bike, the first thing I did was visit the showrooms most popular brands like Honda, Hero, Bajaj, Yamaha, Suzuki and Mahendra in my area and ask for a test ride. Then collected the feedback of my friends who are using those makes and models. After going through friends feedback and my test drive experience, I zeroed in on Honda Dream Neo because of the following reasons.

1) Honda engines are well known for its quality, durability and fuel efficiency.

2) Many of my friends use Honda bikes and none of them advised me against going for Honda make.

3) I was looking for a balance between Power,Mileage,Style,Comfort and Price.

4) I couldn't find a bike with same features for almost same price. (Self Start, Alloy Wheels, Tubeless Tyres)

5) Even the honda dream yuga is priced a few thousands above neo. But both comes with same engine, gear box etc. only the style and wheel base is different. So didn't find any serious benefit in going for yuga.

I avoided the other makes because of the given below reasons.

Hero -  It was my second choice because of almost equally comparable to honda in engine,build quality and service availability. But the price is high for the same feature set compared to honda.

Bajaj - Friends using Bajaj model didn't recommend it because it gives them continuous troubles even under warranty period.

Yamaha - Engine and build quality is almost equal to Honda. But price is high for the same feature set compared to honda, and low mileage. Service centres are also less in numbers.

Suzuki - Difficult to get service and spare parts especially in long run. Low milegage and price is high for the same feature set compared to honda.

Mahindra - Vibrations, more gear shifts are needed in city traffic, low pickup, durability & quality of engine are not known,and service support is not good at least this point of time. Electronic security system is the main attraction. But the security systems with almost the same features are availbale for any bikes in after market for around Rs 1500/- from companies like Xenos, Minda etc.

In my opinion, Its the bike for you if you are looking for a commuter bike with good power, Mileage, Style, Comfort and all those within reasonable price.

Areas of improvement

It would be better if Neo comes with Disk brake option, with side cover key locks instead of screws.

111621873

Inappropriate Review? Report Abuse

More Honda Dream Neo User reviews

Impressive Commuter
Jan 24, 2016
m anant

This is meant for the Self Alloy version and I have done around 20 000 kms in 2 years on it Style Not very stylish overall Colour Graphics are done using stickers decals with decent looks All

Current update - I ll update again bike status
Oct 29, 2014
ashis

My current mileage is 70km in normal road 2000km already drove driving comfort stability on road and engine sound too good 3 Bike Servicing at Honda showroom too bad m facing ddakk sound from front

better productfor customer over hero product in quality
Apr 28, 2013
parminder singh

Style good same as yuga style s not much concrn for buyer lookin bike of this low range Engine Performance Fuel Economy and Gearbox 75 mileage s good as patrol prisesare to north side Ride

Why do you want to report it abuse?

Comments

Please tell us your city

This allows us to provide relevant content for you.

Please enter your city