The Best Sports Tourer

• Performance4 / 5
  • Value for Money4 / 5

Good about this bike

Excellent comfort, Relaxed riding position, Smooth gearbox, Torquey engine

Not so good about this bike

Inadequate headlight, No fuel injection, No rear disc brakes

Full Review

Karizma had always been my dream machine as i am a avid fan of sports touring bike. The day came when I finally got my 2012 black Karizma R on my birthday as a surprise gift from my parents and within a few weeks i took the bike to my favorite hill station.

Karizma R has a jet fighter looks coupled with aerodynamically designed dome. The stylish fairing and the body graphics adds beauty to the bike and its bright red alloys are really attractive.

Engine Performance, Fuel Economy and Gearbox

Talking about engine, the 225cc motor is quite powerful in its class and its a refined and torquey engine that glides at high speeds easily and so making overtakes effortless even at high gears. I could easily drag my bike upto 140 kmph. However I could feel the vibrations after crossing 125kmph. The gearbox is so smooth like a hot knife running through butter. The lack of fuel injection doesn't have a big effect as i never have had starting problems with the carburetor even in cold conditions.

Ride Quality & Handling

Coming upto the ride quality, I'll say its the best ergonomic sportz bike with a powerful engine. The seats are very comfortable for both the rider and the pillion. Unlike the R15 and Pulsar 220, the Karizma has a bit relaxed riding position and does not strain your body even after long hours of rides. While in the mountain, the bike was stable at curves and it really handles well when I threw my bike over the sharp hairpin bends. Even I was surprised by the punchy engine which doesn't hesitate while climbing up the steep mountains. The only defect i felt was the inadequate lighting during the pitch dark night but however i had fitted projector lamps for my bike.

Despite the absence of the rear disc brakes the retardation is pretty good as it has the largest front 276mm discs. But the presence of rear discs and PGM-fi would have made the bike a good deal.

Regardless of the powerful 225cc mill, the bike returned around 40kmpl as an average. I would say that its a pretty decent mileage considering the displacement of the engine. Thus this bike holds good both in maneuvering in the city traffic and also cruising in open highways as its motto says  ALWAYS COOL, ALWAYS AHEAD!!!

6158756

Inappropriate Review? Report Abuse

More Hero Karizma [2003-2014] User reviews

Treasure by Hero honda
Apr 25, 2017
Sumit shinde

i was in lv with bike since 2003when i was kid even when dunno how to ride bicycle advertising was done by hrithik roshan on yellow karizma we used to call it dhoom bike in those days its best

Reliable no-nonsense tourer
May 23, 2014
Shashi Warrier

Styling The Karizma s age shows in its styling It was good looking by the standards of a decade ago but is now ordinary Engine Performance Fuel Economy and Gearbox Its performance is acceptable

Karizma R - A perfect balance b/w Performance & Comfort
Sep 27, 2013
Reetabrata Bhattacharya

Style A well maintained Karizma R is still a head turner in any part of the country Paint is also of good quality the glossy finish on the body panels and tank looks great Hero has made some changes

Why do you want to report it abuse?

Comments

Please tell us your city

This allows us to provide relevant content for you.

Please enter your city