Please wait

You’re being redirected to suzukimotorcycle.co.in

2021 KTM 390 Adventure Long Term Review: Introduction

29 July 2021, 06:30 PM Vikrant Singh

Introduction

Right Side View

The KTM 390 Adventure is a slightly misunderstood proposition. We all love the fact that it’s a powerful, exhilarating, and in fact comfortable adventure motorcycle to ride. And that it’s tech-laden, and very well priced for that, makes it a no-brainer purchase for hardcore adventure motorcyclists on a budget.

But then, it’s also challenging to ride, especially for those new to off-roading. I remember the first time I rode it at 19 Degree North in Aamby Valley, it just kept spitting me off. It didn’t appreciate my slow reflexes, my hesitation in opening the throttle wide open, and my inability to take it by the scruff of the neck to do my bidding.

KTM 390 Adventure

• ;

Avg. Ex-showroom price

₹ 3,28,531

action

Needless to say, I was intimidated.

But then, it got me thinking; maybe the 390 Adventure is the ideal stepping stone to improve my ADV game? Maybe it’s like one of those people you meet who seem brash, rude and inconsiderate at first, but with time, they grow on you to become your best mates? Maybe, it’s a little misunderstood?

And so to put these thoughts and doubts to rest once and for all, we got ourselves a 390 Adventure for a long term.

The Plan

The idea here is to live with the motorcycle for a year and beyond as if it were our own. To experience and share how it behaves in the city, out on the highways, and of course, off the road. And finally, to give you our opinion on whether it’s a good purchase option, after all.

TFT / Instrument Cluster

But that’s not all. We intend living the 390 ADV lifestyle with the bike as well. So, we will attend KTM’s Pro Experience events and tell you more about them - what’s it like, why should one attend or should one attend at all! We will also talk about the various accessories one has for the 390 and which of those should one go for.

TFT / Instrument Cluster

We will try out and then tell you what luggage options work best - on tour and off-road. And then, we will go about making some changes or modifications to the 390 Adventure to suit our needs and expectations better. Naturally, some of these mods will work, and some will not. So, we will give you an idea regarding that too.

What's Next?

Right Side View

Next up, we will tell you the basic adjustments we made after our first ride on the bike, and how the KTM 390 Adventure fares as your daily city commute partner. Stay tuned for that next month.

Product Details

Make: KTM

Model: 390 Adventure

Kilometres this month: 156km

Fuel Efficiency: NA

Price: Rs 3,92,500, OTR, Mumbai (when tested)

Gallery