Avenger 220 DTS-i

• Performance4 / 5
  • Value for Money5 / 5

Good about this bike

Style, Performance, Power

Not so good about this bike

Petrometer goes hazy again and again to see through the glass fixed over it.

Full Review

I purchased Bajaj Avenger 220 DTS-i on 06-Oct-2013 and have driven it 1500 Km by today. It has given me 50+ Km. per litre of mileage in realistic conditions. I commute daily from Faridabad to Gurgaon covering 80 Kms of distance.

But yes, I try to follow the following standards of driving.

My Pattern of Driving:

1. I try to maintain uniform speed between 50-55 Km/hr. I never drive beyond 60 Km/hr speed.

2. I never shoot the speed of the bike while I initiate. Normally I speed up the bike while chaning the gears as per standards of 2nd gear at 20 Km./hr. speed, 3rd gear at 30 Km./hr. speed, 4th grear at 40 Km./hr. speed and 5th grear at 50 km./hr. and above speed

3. I strongly follow the aforementioned gear changing at appropriate speed level.

4. Currently I am riding single and there is no pillon rider with me.

I do also face combination of good roads and bad roads during my journey from my home in Faridabad to my office in Gurgaon daily but by following some standards and better & smooth driving pattern, I get good mileage from Bajaj Avenger 220 DTS-i. Today it has given me the mileage of 51 Km in a liter of petrol. So, I belive it is very good from a 220 CC Bike.

Negative Point:

I experience that the petrometer becomes hazy in visibility even if the bike is not wet in the shover. I got it cleaned during my first service @ 750 Km. but again it has gone hazy to see the meter through the glass fixed over it. Otherwise, I have not faced any problem in this bike.

Advice:

Bajaj Avenger is heavier than other bikes and lighter than Bullet. Furthermore, it has Front Brake as Disk Brake and Rear Brake as normal Drum Brake. Thus, it is really essential that you apply rear brake little harder and front brake little softer because the front brake gets applied faster than the rear brake. In this way, you will be able to control the bike.

A professional drive once said to me, "A good driver makes minimum use of Clutch, Brake and Horn during his driving." Today, I try to follow his words in my driving and I have good mileage from my heavy bike - Bajaj Avenger 220 CC.

Any person who  is under consideration to purchase this bike and wants to communicate with me can write me at vpankaj1@gmail.com

4587852238

Inappropriate Review? Report Abuse

More Bajaj Avenger User reviews

For style and comfort
Nov 20, 2015
prithveeraj bhosale

Style Outstanding in look Lot of crhome makes glitter like silver in sunny day Astonishing looks definately an eyecandy Engine Performance Fuel Economy and Gearbox It has lot of power and good...

Best bike for Indian roads
Aug 27, 2015
Haaris Jamil

Style It s a cruiser and the only one that costs less than INR 3 lacs Love the simplicity of the analog chrome console Engine Performance Fuel Economy and Gearbox Engine is very smooth responds

I LOVE AVENGER
Apr 07, 2015
JAYRAM KESHAVA

Style ITS A AWESOME STYLE BETTER THAN BULLET Engine Performance Fuel Economy and Gearbox ENGINE IS GOOD AND VERY COMFORT VECHILE Ride Quality amp Handling RIDING I HAVE NO WORDS MIND BLOWING HANDLING

sturdy & comfortable
Feb 17, 2015
UMESH

Style Cruiser style bike wheelbase is bigger than enfield thunderbird Engine Performance Fuel Economy and Gearbox Same 220 cc engine used in PULSAR cost 30000 higher best bike money could get Ride

Why do you want to report it abuse?

Comments

Please tell us your city

This allows us to provide relevant content for you.

Please enter your city