Dissappointed

A user review on TVS Apache RTR 160. Written by Umesh on 08 June, 2013

Umesh's Ratings

Overall
Looks
Performance
Space/Comfort
Fuel Economy
Value For Money
Own a TVS Apache RTR 160? Help others make an informed buying decision. Write a review
Version Reviewed
Good : Pick up, looks(initially)
Bad : Build quality, reliability

Full Review

Dear Biker Friends,
A honest review from a buyer of TVS Apache 160 bike. I have had the bike for 5 years
and I have following problems:
1. MOST IMPORTANT:
THE CHASIS OF MY BIKE HAS DEGRADED AND RUSTED TO SUCH AN EXTENT THAT I AVOID
RIDING IT AND WHENEVER HAVE TO, I FEEL SCARED OF BIKE BREAKING AND ME FALLING.

2. THE SILENCER TUBE FROM ENGINE IS RUSTED (VERY STRANGE, ONLY OBSERVED IN TVS BIKES). I DOUBT OF IT BREAKING DURING HIGH REVS.
3. FORWARD LEFT SUSPENSION IS LEAKING OIL AND HAS BEEN ADVISED BY SERVICE AGENT THAT THE SUSPENSION TUBE IS PITTED AND NEEDS REPLACEMENT.
4. FORWARD DISC BRAKE ARRANGEMENT WAS FOUND TO BE JAMMED AND HAD TO BE BORED TO CHANGE BRAKE PADS. AFTER BORING IT MAKES NOISE AND DOES NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY.

IF ANYONE INTERESTED TO SEE PHOTOGRAPHS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO
MAIL ME AT umesh3798@Yahoo.com.

I do understand a bike 5 yrs old has problems but the first 2 problems are very
uncommon. Especially the chassis problem is unimaginable. Quote for changing chassis has been given to me as Rs 18000, which is uneconomical at this stage. Rusted silencer completely destroys the look of the bike and I cannot determine how strong it is now. Forward disc brake got jammed even when serviced at their service stations regularly. It cost me around Rs 1500 to get it bored and it is
not working properly now.
Their customercare representative say its one off cases they cannot so anything about it as It is not under warranty. Who knows next could be yours. Please do think about it and thanks for reading this far. Hope u found this helpful.

36808 Views, 356 of 437 people found this review useful