Access: the powerful and classic scooter yet

A user review on Suzuki Access 125. Written by sunel on 30 January, 2014
Start at Rs: 57,289
Access 125 Details | Check On-Road Price

sunel's Ratings

Overall
Looks
Performance
Space/Comfort
Fuel Economy
Value For Money
Own a Suzuki Access 125 Standard? Help others make an informed buying decision. Write a review
Version Reviewed Standard
Good : performance, looks, trusted japanese brand, stability..
Bad : no front disc brake, weak headlight focus

Full Review

Features and First impressions! I was very much excited to ride my new Access. It’s so smooth, stylish, matured and pleasant. Its 125cc powerful engine makes pickup simply superb. The build quality of vehicle is first class. Handling even in heavy traffic is comfortable. Its suspension is pretty good and gives us smooth ride even on bad roads. Over taking is easy task on this vehicle, but I am only just satisfied with the braking. A front disc brake could have given a great confidence to the scooter. Nevertheless we need to habituate with whatever we have.

Miscellaneous Features -Access has a centralized ignition key with shutter where we can unlock the seat. Silencer looks trendy and steel coated safety rods make Access more beautiful. Paint quality is simply awesome and glossy on its rust free body. Headlight focus is fairly good, but for night highway ride there isn’t enough focus. And we need to adjust focus initially. Instrument panel is simple, reliable and easy to read. Bigger Fuel tank and under seat storage are append features.

Performance - It’s so relaxed and stress-free to drive access in the traffic. Ride quality in traffic is premium and is of course fun, we feel so silky and confident while over taking other vehicles. Access is peppy and it regains its speed effortlessly while the sudden stops in traffic. Pickup has never declined when riding with a pillion. Access gains its smoothness and takes no time to reach 60kmph. Access is so smooth and confident up to 75kmph but whenever I cross 75kmph and trying to touch its top speed the scooter feels little less confident but frankly no vibrations. So I always used to ride under safe mark. Anyhow 70kmph is good enough for scooters.

Tit-bits -  Truly I never faced problem with self start even at early mornings of winter, however I use kick start for the first time in a day, but we need to place the scooter on centre stand to use kick. Seating is so comfortable for both rider and pillion rider. The MRF tires give us good road grip. Access balances itself at 5 kmph or even below.

Touring on Access I had confusion whether the scooters are suitable for long drives, but Access has cleared away my confusion with its stunning performance. We travelled a few long drives on our Access of which the longest is 180km drive. Engine has never shown stress at any moment.  Top speed I have reached on my Access is 90kmph. I say long rides on Access bring you splendid fun.

Regarding service,Suzuki has enhanced its service network broadly in last 2 years. Receiving and servicing is simply good and showroom staff responds well whenever I visit the showroom even in between services for any doubts. I was given 6 free services with 2 free-2 paid mode. They are charging Rs.365 for free service and Rs.735 for paid service. But service interval is just 2 months which is quite short.

Fuel consumption - Suzuki claims 54kmpl for Access. Before 1st service my Access has delivered 43 kmpl, after 1st service mileage was fluctuated often. I had visited showroom for proper tuning. I found no use and approached Suzuki staff for help. They had done a 100ml road test for my Access. In heavy traffic conditions my Access has moved 3.8km/100ml and 5.2km/100ml in light traffic on the highway. . We have to understand our vehicle and drive according to that. Mileage has improved after 2nd and 3rd services. Now I am getting around 45kmpl overall as per my petrol log. During long rides I am able to get 48-50kmpl.

What makes Access Unique and special among all the scooters? Every bike is unique and designed to meet some requirements. Now in my case, choosing Access mean that Access is best suited for my requirements. The best element of Access which makes it premium is its pickup and overall performance. I must mention Suzuki’s after sales service is good and fast. Access looks universal which suits to male and female of all the ages. It is one of the best products from Suzuki which is more reliable, trusted and long-lasting.

What’s not so best?Braking is good enough but not up to mark. For a common commuter, mileage of this 125cc scooter may seem to be less. And mileage drops in heavy traffic. Its resale value may be less.

Conclusion: Access is a powerful scooter and is the best in my view.

6285 Views, 46 of 47 people found this review useful