Avenger 220 DTS-i

A user review on Bajaj Avenger. Written by Pankaj on 30 October, 2013
Last Recorded Price Rs: 75,502
Avenger Details

Pankaj's Ratings

Overall
Looks
Performance
Space/Comfort
Fuel Economy
Value For Money
Own a Bajaj Avenger 220 DTS- i? Help others make an informed buying decision. Write a review
Version Reviewed 220 DTS- i
Good : Style, Performance, Power
Bad : Petrometer goes hazy again and again to see through the glass fixed over it.

Full Review

I purchased Bajaj Avenger 220 DTS-i on 06-Oct-2013 and have driven it 1500 Km by today. It has given me 50+ Km. per litre of mileage in realistic conditions. I commute daily from Faridabad to Gurgaon covering 80 Kms of distance.

But yes, I try to follow the following standards of driving.

My Pattern of Driving:

1. I try to maintain uniform speed between 50-55 Km/hr. I never drive beyond 60 Km/hr speed.

2. I never shoot the speed of the bike while I initiate. Normally I speed up the bike while chaning the gears as per standards of 2nd gear at 20 Km./hr. speed, 3rd gear at 30 Km./hr. speed, 4th grear at 40 Km./hr. speed and 5th grear at 50 km./hr. and above speed

3. I strongly follow the aforementioned gear changing at appropriate speed level.

4. Currently I am riding single and there is no pillon rider with me.

I do also face combination of good roads and bad roads during my journey from my home in Faridabad to my office in Gurgaon daily but by following some standards and better & smooth driving pattern, I get good mileage from Bajaj Avenger 220 DTS-i. Today it has given me the mileage of 51 Km in a liter of petrol. So, I belive it is very good from a 220 CC Bike.

Negative Point:

I experience that the petrometer becomes hazy in visibility even if the bike is not wet in the shover. I got it cleaned during my first service @ 750 Km. but again it has gone hazy to see the meter through the glass fixed over it. Otherwise, I have not faced any problem in this bike.

Advice:

Bajaj Avenger is heavier than other bikes and lighter than Bullet. Furthermore, it has Front Brake as Disk Brake and Rear Brake as normal Drum Brake. Thus, it is really essential that you apply rear brake little harder and front brake little softer because the front brake gets applied faster than the rear brake. In this way, you will be able to control the bike.

A professional drive once said to me, "A good driver makes minimum use of Clutch, Brake and Horn during his driving." Today, I try to follow his words in my driving and I have good mileage from my heavy bike - Bajaj Avenger 220 CC.

Any person who  is under consideration to purchase this bike and wants to communicate with me can write me at vpankaj1@gmail.com

44823 Views, 522 of 560 people found this review useful